Over the next 6 months I will doing my UEFA Futsal B course in Finland where I will learning from the vastly experienced Finnish Head Coach Mico Martic and his team, whilst learning beside other candidates from across the world. I am excited to be pushing my boundaries and to be learning from different cultures.
The course covers many learning objectives including the below:
- develop the team´s performance in different phases of the game and in accordance with
the technical/tactical principles of futsal
- develop individual qualities of players in different phases of the game
- develop individual physical qualities of players in accordance with the principles of
strength, speed and endurance training
- understand the meaning of holistic life management for the development of an athlete
- recognize the meaning of interaction skills and the effects of different coaching styles on
the holistic development of the players and the team
- develop the cooperation of the team by leading the team
- guide the players to take responsibility for their own development
- plan and implement holistic training processes on annual, periodic, weekly and training
session level, taking into consideration the starting levels of the players and the team
- analyse the fruition of the plans and based on the analysis develop the training processes
- understand and follow futsal laws of the game
Coaching continues to evolve and it is important that our Academy and Teams do likewise.
Once I return from Finland mid next week I will arrange to host a Futsal Escocia coach education day at Michael Woods towards the end of October (date tbc), in preparation for the winter leagues. The course will cover the following:
- the rules of the game
- basic formations
- training methods
- the difference between football and futsal
- the benefits of futsal
Please let us know know if you would like to be involved.